Arizona Commercial Building, Net Lease Inspections, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Glendale, Fountain Hills, Cave Creek, Carefree, Buckeye, and all surrounding areas.
Phoenix Commercial Inspections
Please call for a quote: Dale Duffy 602-402-5305
When you purchase or Net Lease a Commercial Building in the greater Phoenix area, or anywhere in the state, it is very important to have a comprehensive Property Condition Assessment “PCA” performed by knowledgeable commercial building inspectors with years of experience inspecting buildings throughout Arizona.
Net Lease, Triple Net Lease, also known as NNN Lease inspections are very important to have performed before you sign a lease agreement. You need to know the exact condition of the building. You need to make sure the building has been maintained well, and you need to know what maintenance has been performed in the past. We review all past maintenance information, and perform the inspection like we are buying or leasing the building for ourselves, without any regard to what the current owner may say has been repaired or replaced in the past. Many times we find amateur repairs made to the building which will soon fail, are unsafe, or need repair or replacement now, because the owner did not have a licensed contractor perform the repairs in the first place.
If you are a building owner, it is very important to have an inspection before you renew your lease with the current tenant. Thousands of dollars in repairs may have been deferred through the years. We have been seeing this occur more lately, many businesses do not have the funds to have the maintenance performed as agreed upon when signing the lease agreement. It is not uncommon for us to find twenty to fifty thousand dollars in deferred maintenance.
Our Commercial Building Inspections conform to ASTM E2018-15, which is an Industry Standard for a Comprehensive Baseline Property Condition Assessment.
All Commercial Property Condition Assessments are not the same. In fact, reports will vary substantially based upon the particular information a client needs relative to a property and their needs. Owners may need to know how well a property has been maintained especially if they have leased the property to a business. Buyers need to know what they are buying and what it will cost to have repairs performed or changes made to a building to suit their needs.
Require a wide range of information depending on their intended use of the property.
Need to know the conditions and projected maintenance costs of the systems and building components they are agreeing to maintain during their lease period.
The following list introduces some of the services that may be involved in Commercial Property Condition Assessment Reports.
To make an intelligent decision, you need to know important information about the building. Is the building structurally sound? What is the condition of the roof and is there a repair history?
What type of heating and cooling system(s) does the building have, what is the expected life of the conditioning equipment, are their maintenance records of what service was performed and when? Is there a central plant system or are there several split conditioning systems, package units, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, etc? Has the electrical system been altered?
Do the building plans indicate any significant modifications have been made to the building? Are there previous environmental reports, maintenance records for HVAC, roofing, elevators, fire sprinklers, and other installed systems?
Our evaluation provides valuable information for the following systems:
● Structures, Exteriors, Interiors
● HVAC Cooling and Heating
● Roof System, related components
● Plumbing, Mechanical, Electrical
● Insulation, Ventilation
● Repair cost estimates when required.
● One-five year projections cost estimates, when required.
● Fire sprinkler inspections by an independent Licensed Contractor.
● Elevator inspections performed by state approved Licensed Contractor.
● Phase one environmental assessment.
● Life safety review and ADA Accessibility Review.
Relevant questions that a client may ask prior to a Property Condition Analysis:
● How long will the roof last before needing major repair or replacement?
● How long could I expect the heating and cooling systems to last before needing major repairs or replacement? Are the conditioning systems already obsolete, posing high energy consumption?
● Is the electrical system adequate and safe? Have upgraded or alterations been made in an unprofessional like manner, possibly by an amateur, or handyman?
● Has the building been modified, are proper permits on file and engineering reports available?
● What is the condition of interior and exterior surfaces? Have they been maintained?
● I plan on modifying the building to fit my company needs, what options do I have?
● What is the condition of the plumbing system, water heater, piping, and related components?
● When will parking areas need striping, resurfacing, or replacement?
● What is the status of the building’s ADA or accessibility provisions?
● What systems or components need upgrades, and what are my options?
You will know the answers to these and any other questions you may have when the Property Condition Assessment Report is prepared for you. Generally under most circumstances our Property Condition Assessment Reports are completed within three working days following the last day at the site assessment, or sooner depending on the size of the property. Reports are emailed in a secure PDF format, uploaded to our server for you to view and access to 24/7….up to five years after the date you receive the PCA.
For a free estimate please call Dale Duffy 602-402-5305
Email Inquiries, please contact us at: email@example.com
Arizona State Certified Professional Home Inspector #43396
For more information, visit the Arizona Board of Technical Registration
|We are members of ASHI
American Society of Home Inspectors
|We are members of NACHI
National Association of Certified Home Inspectors
|Member Phoenix Association of Realtors
For Lock-Box Access Only